Скачати 29.65 Kb.
Урок “Travelling around the World”
у 6 класі (з використанням ІКТ) за підручником О.Д. Карп’юк
Вчитель: Смолінська Н.П.
Objectives: to extend students’ knowledge about cities and their places of interest; to develop pupils’ speech on the topic “Around the World”; to develop reading, writing and listening; to develop students’ ability to express their thought; to broaden their outlook.
Equipment: pictures of places of interest, recording and tape-recorder, interactive blackboard, map of the World.
T. Good morning, pupils! I am very glad to see you today.
What hometask did you have to prepare?
Aim of the lesson
T. So, the theme of today’s lesson is “Travelling around the World”
II Main part
a) Repeat the following words after me:
The Red Sea
The Mediterranean Sea
The Gulf of Mexico
The Pacific Ocean
The Statue of Liberty
Madam Tussaud’s Museum
b) Put the words given above into 4 groups: 1. cities; 2. places of interest;
3. seas and oceans; 4. continents and countries.
a) Answer the questions:
1. What is the smallest country in the world?
2. What is the biggest city in the world?
3. What is the largest country in the world?
4. What is the largest ocean in the world?
5. What is the longest river in Europe?
6. Which country has the largest population in the World?
1. The Vatican City
2. Mexico City
4. The Pacific Ocean
5. The Danube
b) Imaginary trip around the world using the map.
T. Pupils, for today you’ve prepared the material about Cairo, Mexico City,
Madrid and New York.
So, now let’s travel around the world.
(The pupils tell about these cities)
Answer the questions:
1. What’s the capital of London?
2. How many parts does London consist of?
3. What are they?
4. What places of interest of London do you know?
(Reading the places of interest of London and their explanations and showing the pictures of them)
1. The Houses of Parliament (Westminster Palace)
2. The Tower of London
3. Buckingham Palace
4. St. Paul’s Cathedral
5. Big Ben
6. Westminster Abbey
7. The National Gallery
8. Piccadilly Circus
9. The Thames
10. Regent’s Park
11. The British Museum
12. Madam Tussaud’s Museum
a) London stands on it;
b) The official residence of the Queen;
c) There is the biggest zoo in the world there;
d) It is the seat of the British government;
e) The most wonderful classical church in Britain;
f) It is a meeting place of six streets;
g) The famous clock tower, known to everyone as a visiting card of
h) It is a famous royal church;
I) It has got a fme collection of paintings;
j) The biggest museum in London;
k) It is an exhibition of hundreds of life-size wax models of famous
l) Many centuries ago it was a fortress, a royal palace and then a
prison. Now it is a museum of arms;
1)Choose the correct explanations of the places of interest of London.
1.d, 2.l, 3.b, 4.e, 5.g, 6.h, 7.i, 8.f, 9.a, 10.c, 11.j, 12.k.
2) What else do you know about these places of interest of London?
(pupils tell about places of interest of London)
Answer the questions
1. What bridges of London do you know?
2. What bridge is the most famous?
3. How old is Tower Bridge?
Listening to the text “London Bridge”
London Bridge is two thousand years old. The first bridge was of wood. Then people built the bridge of stone and called it London Bridge. There were houses and shops on it and people paid money when they crossed the bridge.
In 1831 a new bridge rose on the place of the first bridge. But the city grew very quickly and in 1960 the people of London wanted to build a large new bridge at that place.
A very rich American bought’ the old London Bridge as people buy old things. He wanted to show the old bridge in America to people for money. The people of London liked their old London Bridge. But the city needed money for the new bridge.
The American brought the parts of the bridge on a ship to Arizona in the USA. Workers built the old bridge but there was no river under it now, only a street. No ships pass under it now, only people walk along the street and look at the old bridge. In 1973 the now London Bridge was opened on the place of the old bridge over the Thames.
Post- listening tasks
Task 1. If it true or false?
1. London Bridge is one thousand years old.
2. In 1960 the people of London wanted to build a large new bridge.
3. A very rich Englishman bought the old London Bridge.
4. The people of London didn’t like their old London Bridge.
5. The American brought the parts of the bridge on a ship to Arizona in the
6. The New London Bridge was opened on the other place.
Task 2. Complete the sentences:
1. The first bridge was made of... (wood, stone)
2. There were houses and ... (hotels, shops)
3. The city grew very ... (slowly, quickly)
4. The city ... (needed, didn’t need) money for the new bridge.
5. Workers ... (built, bought) the old bridge
6. The new London Bridge was opened in ... (1973, 1975)
T. Now, pupils, your task is to put in order the following words of the guide and the tourist.
1. G: We must pass Hyde Park first... Here we are. Look! Buckingham Palace
is in front of us.
2. T : Oh, I only heard about Big Ben. And now I can see it.
3. G: Ladies and Gentlemen, now we are coming up to Piccadilly Circus. It is
a meeting place of six streets.
4. T :1 know this is the home place of the Queen.
5. G: And now you can see two buildings. They are: the Houses of Parliament
and Westminster Abbey.
6. T: Thank you very much. It was very interesting. We have had a very good
7. G: Westminster Abbey is a royal church. Nearly all the kings and queens of
Britain were crowned and buried there too. And here we’ll finish our
8. T : It looks fantastic.
9. G: Yes, it is. When the flag is flying the Queen is at home. Look, the Guard
is changing! They do it every day at 11 o’clock in the morning.
10. T.: Can we make our way to Buckingham Palace?
3; 10; 1; 4; 9; 8; 5; 2; 7; 6.
T. let’s do exercise… p. …(Workbook)
Write down the sentences using the fact file.
T. Let’s write down answers on the interactive blackboard with a pencil
1. It is the capital of Canada.
2. It is the largest city in Canada.
3. The monumental pyramids are some of the places of interest in this country.
4. It is the largest and busiest city in Africa.
5. The Statue of Liberty is in this city.
6. This country is in the south of North America.
7. It is the largest city in the USA.
8. It is the largest clock of England.
9. There are lots of shops and department stores in this street of London.
10. It is a museum of waxworks in London.
5. New York
6. Mexico City
7. New York
8. Big Ben
9. Oxford Street
10. Madam Tussaud’s Museum
T. Did you like the lesson?
Which kind of work did you like best of all?
I see you know a lot not only about London but other cities. Good for you!
Hometask: Project Work “The Capital of Ukraine”
|Objectives: to practice pupils’ speech on the topic “School subjects”; to develop speaking and reading abilities, guessing work, work in groups, dialogue speech; to practice listening and writing; to develop students’ ability to express their thought logically.|
Урок "My favourite subject" у 3 класі за підручником О. Д. Карп’юк Вчитель: Смолінська Н. П
|Objectives: Practical: to practice speaking; to develop reading; writing and listening. Educative|
|Вікторина Хто найрозумніший Вступне слово вчителя|
The Cleverest. The pupils of the seventh form will take part in them. Our aim is to show pupils’ knowledge not only of English but...
|Reading the Reading section consists of five texts of varying length and nature selected to test a wide range of reading skills and strategies which deal with issues that are recognizably appropriate and accessible to students.|
|Listening Comprehension Test for 9-th Form Students||Reading comprehension test for 10-th form students|
|Reading comprehension test for 9-th form students||Reading comprehension test for 11-th form students|
|Reading comprehension test for 8-th form students||Individual work of students the discipline "Valeology" for students of the 1-st cours clinical pharmacy|